Hair transplant is the new trending fashion for everyone who is suffering from hair loss and also for those who want to get an attractive hairline. However, a question arises out of the hair transplant treatment, the question of whether or not hair treatment is successful and safe, and whether or not it is long-lasting.
Phases of Hair Transplant:
Hair transplant is technically a surgical operation that involves removing hair follicles from one part of the body and planting them on the head for the hair to grow. These follicles are planted on the hairless patch on the head. This process is also done for transplanting hair to the brows and eyelashes.
One of the current and latest techniques to transplant hair is a permanent one. In this treatment, the follicular hair cluster is called ‘Follicular Hair Transplant’ or FUT. FUT can be done in two different ways these ways are FUE hair transplant or follicular unit extraction and strip harvesting.
Strip harvesting is done by a hair specialist in Karachi and is one of the most popular methods of hair transplant nowadays. With this surgery, there is a scar on the place from where the follicles are taken. But, it is promised by the surgeons that the injury will vanish within two weeks. Good strip harvesting is done by using good hair patches from other parts of the body on the bald areas. The roots of hair follicles are manually removed and planted on the bare area of the head.
FUE Hair Transplant:
Follicular unit extraction is one of the best hair transplant. It can be done in several stings or one sitting. This treatment takes time but gives a natural result after it is completed. The process also doesn’t leave any mark behind. But, this is a very costly and time-consuming treatment, and you have to keep your pocket and your precious time in mind before you decide to get this treatment.
To inform you more about the FUE treatment, we are going to mention its steps below.
Steps of FUE:
- Preparation of the treatment is the first step of FUE. In this step, the head of the patient is observed, and the hair follicles from the hairiest part of the head are removed and relocated to the bald patches.
- The hair of the hairy donor area is trimmed before the surgery. The trimming helps the hair specialist to work in a better way. After trimming, the patient is given anesthesia so that he won’t feel the pain of the surgery.
- The tissues from the donor area that have healthy hair follicles are removed with surgery and injected to the bald surface. After the sutures are done, they are hidden by the hairs. These sutures are removed after ten days of the surgery, and until then, they are protected by the hairs.
- After this process, microscopes are used to view the recent donor tissue transplant, and preparations are made for the follicular unit hair grafts.
- Because the area that requires surgery is bald, there is no need for trimming hair. Then the operation begins. The incision is used in irregular patterns on the bald scalp with Follicular Unit Grafts. These grafts are placed on the bald spots according to their requirement and density. Less dense grafts are placed in the front while the heavily denser grafts are placed on the backside of the head.
- After the surgery is done, the bald spots have tiny visible incisions along with short hairs. The patients are told that the operated areas are healed naturally. It takes almost a week until the scalp is treated and cured.
- Hair surgery is a non-bellicose (or not painful) procedure that is also done on an outpatient basis. Patients are also allowed to use shampoo after 3-4 days. However, it is advised that the scalp be protected from infection and sun until after a week. Patients are also given antibiotics to ease the pain of the surgery.